At TUI Airways we are passionate about creating an on-board holiday experience that is effortless, memorable and unique. We don’t just safely fly our customers to their destination; we put our customers at the heart of everything we do to provide a great start and end to their holiday.
Join our team of over 3,000 cabin crew across the UK and Ireland and help us create unforgettable holiday experiences for our customers, bringing fun, energy and customer focus to the role.
You’ll work hard as part of a team in this fast paced and fun role. The cabin crew role sometimes involves late nights, early mornings and weekend work (but don’t worry, we’ll give you plenty of rest time between flights!) You’ll need to be confident, resilient and comfortable coping with the unexpected.
For the right person, working as cabin crew gives job satisfaction and a sense of achievement that few other roles can match. If this sounds like you, we’re confident you will love being part of Thomson Airways and the TUI Team.
What You will be doing:
Every flight is different, but broadly speaking you’ll be doing the following:-
You’ll work with the rest of the team to plan your flight activities and demonstrate safety knowledge to the required standard in the crew room.
Once on the aircraft, you’ll perform vital checks prior to departure, then you’ll welcome customers on board with a friendly welcome and a smile. You’ll provide a safety briefing to our customers and prepare the aircraft for departure.
Throughout the flight
You’ll be on hand to attend to customers’ needs during the flight, ensuring that they are safe and comfortable throughout. And you’ll further serve customers by selling refreshments and duty-free including luxury items to maximise sales whilst delivering great service.
Landing and Disembarkation
You’ll ensure the aircraft and our customers are prepared for landing, helping customers to disembark the aircraft safely and efficiently with a lasting positive impression
- There are some specific physical and logistical requirements for the role, to ensure that you can safely serve our customers on-board.
- Regulatory requirements state that cabin crew need to:-
- be able to reach the overhead compartments with a minimum 6’2” reach (not height) without shoes
- be assessed as ‘fit to operate as crew’ by a suitably qualified Aero Medical Examiner
- be able to move freely, forward facing down the aisle and pass through the smallest secondary cabin emergency exit without assistance
- be able to fit into the evacuation space at a door area and fit into a jump seat harness without modification.
- provide 5 years of references and be willing to undergo a Criminal Record Check for all countries of residence for 6 months or more in the previous 5 years
- In addition, it’s important that you are confident that you can get from home to crew room in 90 minutes or less. In practice, depending upon which base you’ll be working from, it may be that you will need to live closer than 90 minutes to include time for travel and parking, potentially at a distance from the crew room.
Further information on all these requirements can be found on our careers website
What we are looking for:
- Confidence, a sense of fun and a passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to engage customers and colleagues
- The ability to plan and organize but still juggle priorities and “think on your feet” when necessary
- Reliable with strong attention to detail
- Energy, resilience and an appetite for hard work
- A healthy drive to achieve sales targets (but never at the expense of a great customer experience)
- A commitment to learning and continuous improvement
How to apply:
To apply click on the link below, please note we do not accept applications for multiple bases.
Should your application be progressed, you will be invited to complete a short pre-recorded video interview. If you are successful at the video interview stage then you will be invited to attend an assessment centre.
*Correct at time of going to print, some benefits are non-contractual and subject to change. This role is offered on a 6 month fixed term contract.