8 months ago
Passenger Assistance Driver - Nights
Working as a member of the PRM Team, you will be responsible for the transfer of passengers with reduced mobility (PRM) or those needing assistance or unaccompanied minors and young persons from the aircraft to the terminal building or from the terminal building to the aircraft.
You will utilise company equipment to fulfil this role. Full training will be given.
* Completing the Daily OCS Equipment Check Sheet, to maintain the operational reliability of the equipment, reporting where necessary, any equipment defects inline with the OCS Equipment Inspection procedure
* Deliver or collect the special assistance passengers at the aircraft door and assist with the transfer into their seat or wheelchair through safe manual handling techniques. Being professional, polite and courteous at all times.
* Carry out CCA duties as directed by Movement Control. Escorting arriving and departing special assistance passengers (along with accompanying family as necessary) through the airport either on foot, by wheelchair or electric buggy as depicted by their ticket categorisation.
* Providing assistance with baggage.
* Ensuring that wheelchairs and buggies are clean and tidy at all times
* Ensure that Movement Control is updated on progress by use of IT handsets and radios
* Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed legibly and submitted in a timely manner
* Any additional reasonable duties as assigned by operational management
* Self-motivated and reliable with a conscientious approach to the Safety and Security aspects of your role.
* Focused on achieving the tasks in-hand you will support Team goals.
* Flexible approach to work and able to work efficiently and thoroughly with minimal supervision.
* Able to cope with a pressured environment.
* Excellent time keeping and high standards of personal grooming
* Excellent communication skills with an empathic nature
* Must be able to lift passengers in accordance with manual handling guidelines
You must be able to understand English language to adhere to company notices, staff briefings and individual instructions provided to you, which will affect your working duties.
Basic IT skills desired.
Full UK Driving license essential.
No formal qualifications are required.
Benefits included for working for OCS:
* Discounts at major high-street retailers including New Look, Costa, Tesco
* Discounted eyewear (where applicable)
* Subsidised staff canteen