5 months ago
Job Title: Air Imports/Exports Coordinator
Location: London Heathrow Airport
The company is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining intercontinental Air and Ocean Freight with comprehensive Value-Added Logistics Services and Supply Chain Services. They operate a global network with some 500 branches in more than 80 countries, and employ approximately 16,000 people worldwide.
* Monitoring Flight Arrivals
* Arranging Collections of freight from Airlines.
* Setting up ERTS records.
* Pre-Alerts, setting up/ Creating Files in PA internal system (FOS).
* Doing docs run/splitting down and passing out docs to PA CS Team.
* Truck Arrivals from PAO LUX- Setting up records, booking in Files.
* STN arrivals from PA HSV-setting up records, booking in files.
* After status 1 set & freight cleared by import brokerage team tie up and pass on release notes to correct parties.
* Releasing freight & tying up documents.
* Update tracking system. (Pantrace)
* Liaise with Customer Services Team/Brokerage Team/Flight Ops Team on regular basis.
* Checking warehouse receipts using PA internal system (IPAWS), Chasing up shortages with warehouse and setting status 1.
* Finance, knowledge of job costing airline costs to files.
* Interface with business service center, procurement, marketing and sales, finance and accounting and Business Unit Manager
* Follow company standards and governance guidelines as laid down for Air Freight (banned commodities, restricted countries, hazardous goods and sanctioned countries)
* Adherence to area finance guidelines, company processes and SOPs
* Communication with destination houses and customers
* Comply with aviation security regulations
* Co-ordinate sub-contractors and carriers including assisting in effective subcontractor management
* Initiate data entry (customer service applications)
* Complete file templates and instruct business service centre
* Resolution of operational irregularities
* Providing quotations to existing customers and destination houses
* Arranging pre-inspection (where applicable)
* Previous Air Freight working experience.
* Strong administration skills.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel/Outlook essential).
* Ability to follow processes.
* Functional Knowledge of Air Imports and Exports
* Process oriented
* Able to solve problems
* Able to work independently where required.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Able to use own judgment
* Able to priorities and meet advised deadlines
* Fluent in English (spoken and written)
* Strong computer skills on Microsoft Office
* The ability to adapt to in-house operating systems
Given immigration restrictions in the UK/IE, work permits for this position for non EU nationals are unlikely to be granted. In the circumstances, non EU nationals who do not already have the right to work in the UK should ensure that they will be granted such a permit before applying.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Customer Service, Customer Focused, Sales, Trainee, Airfreight Trainee, Freight Forwarding, Account Management, Business Development, Client Relationship Manager, Export Advisor, Development Officer, Business Development Manager will also be considered for this role.
6 days ago
only 1 day until close