11 months ago
Job Title: Night Shift Air Exports Document Processing Coordinator
Location: Heathrow, London
Salary: circa 27,000 with a night shift premium also of 350 per month
Hours: Full Time, Permanent - 37 Hours per week
Position 1: Monday 19:00 - 03:00 and Tuesday - Friday 19:00 - 03:30
Position 2: Tuesday - Thursday 18:00 - 03:00 and Friday 18:00 - 07:00
The company is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining intercontinental Air and Ocean Freight with comprehensive Value-Added Logistics Services and Supply Chain Services. They operate a global network with some 500 branches in more than 80 countries, and employ approximately 16,000 people worldwide.
They are looking to hire a Night Shift Air Exports Document Processing Co-ordinator. The purpose of the role is to act as an interface with Customers, Sales, Subcontractors and the company's offices and Agents, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
* Interface with document processing, procurement, marketing and sales, finance and accounting and Business Unit Operations manager.
* Follow company standards and governance guidelines as laid down for Air Freight (banned commodities, restricted countries, hazardous goods and sanctioned countries).
* Adherence to area finance guidelines (e.g. Customer credit).
* Follow processes and SOPs as per IMS manual.
* Awareness and action to assist delivery of individual/departmental/BU KPI's.
* Communication with destination houses and customers.
* Understanding and the use of Internal/external software applications.
* Comply with aviation security regulations.
* Effective use of relevant air product services, guidelines and rates (e.g. use of air gateway).
* Co-ordinate sub-contractors and carriers including assisting in effective subcontractor management.
* Initiate data entry (customer service applications).
* Complete file templates and instruct document processing department.
* Resolution of operational irregularities as SOP.
* Providing quotations to existing customers and destination houses.
* Implementation of new sales SOP's.
* Arranging pre-inspection (where applicable).
* Creation of airway bills and automated documents using Panalpina internal operating systems (FOS, Airwarder, Impatex, etc).
* Truck/RFS, manifest, close and monitor.
* Create invoices for customers or overseas offices/agents.
* Prepare and submit customs entry.
* Check shipper's/warehouse documentation.
* Split and tie up documentation.
* Pre-alert sub-contractors/carriers final details.
* Pre-alert to overseas offices as per SOP's.
* Update tracking systems.
* Document distribution post shipment.
* Operational finance.
* Filing where applicable.
* Commercial experience.
* Functional experience in Air Exports preferred.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Able to work independently where required.
* Able to solve problems and use own judgment.
* Process oriented with the ability to prioritize and meet advised deadlines.
* Strong computer skills with the ability to adapt to in-house operating systems.
* Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Specifics for Job / Environment:
* Given immigration restrictions in the UK/IE, work permits for this position for non EU nationals are unlikely to be granted. In the circumstances, non EU nationals who do not already have the right to work in the UK should ensure that they will be granted such a permit before applying.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Administration Supervisor, Office Manager, Senior Administrator, Senior Admin Assistant, Office Supervisor, General Manager, Operations Manager, Office Coordinator, Documents Processing Manager, Administration Processing Supervisor may also be considered for this role.
2 months ago
only 19 days until close
3 days ago
only 13 days until close